After OPPO made a big impact earlier in the year with the OPPO F3 and F3 Plus, they’re BACK! With the trend of near bezel-less displays in full swing, OPPO decided to go along with it. Introducing the OPPO F5!
What’s New in the OPPO F5?
OPPO’s latest flagship has a splash of 2017 smartphone trends and improvements on the signature feature of OPPO smartphones! With the F5, OPPO makes a lot of BIG bets for their latest phone. Despite its midrange status, it packs a lot of punch! Here are the highlight features of the OPPO F5:
- AI Beauty Recognition Technology
- It can recognize your age, gender, skin type and more thanks to the F5’s 20MP f/2.0″ front camera!
- Facial Feature Optimization
- Despite it only having a single front camera, the F5 can check up to 200 facial recognition points!
- Bokeh effect
- Because last year’s flagship phone camera trend is portrait mode, this year’s midrange (even low-end) phones have portrait mode as well! One of those midrange phones is the F5.
- Borderless Display
- As the most obvious 2017 trend, the F5 now has a 6-inch Full HD+ display! Watching videos and looking at stuff gets SO much better with a display with less bezels.
With those out of the way, here are the Important Specs that YOU need to know about the OPPO F5:
- Octa-Core Mediatek MT6763T CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage (expandable with microSD card)
- Supports Dual Nano SIM cards
- 16MP f/1.8″ rear camera
- 6.0″ FHD+ display (2160×1080 resolution)
WHAT?!? Different OPPO F5 Variants?
At first, I thought that OPPO would only release one F5 model. Lo and behold, they are releasing THREE. The specs I showed up there were for the standard F5. Another model is the F5 6GB which has 6GB of RAM instead of the usual 4. The standard F5 comes in Gold and Black (at least in the Philippines) while the F5 6GB might only come in Red.
The third model, known as the F5 Youth, is said to be the most affordable one in the lineup. Since there are only a few details, I can’t really say if this model will come to the Philippines.
Pricing and Availability
OPPO is really pushing the F5 as the Christmas season arrives. As of now, you can preorder the OPPO F5! The phone costs P15,990. Their preorder promo lets you have a FREE OLike Bluetooth speaker worth P2,990 if you preorder the F5 from now until November 3, 2017!
Here are the different ways you can preorder the F5:
- Preorder at OPPO Concept Stores
- Preorder online at Lazada right HERE or Abenson.com
- Home Credit at participating stores with 0% interest for 6/9 months
- Get it at Smart Plan 599 for P800/month for 24 months in Novermber
- Get it with a postpaid plan from Globe this Christmas
The OPPO F5 will be out in the Philippines on November 4, 2017! I can’t wait to try out the smarter and more sophisticated front camera. Here’s hoping to review the phone and see if it still holds the title of “Selfie Expert”. What do YOU think of the OPPO F5? Is it all that it claims to be? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below!