I just finished watching the Apple September 2019 event livestream, and boy there were a lot of announcements! One of which was the successor to the iPhone XR, the most popular iPhone sold yet. Enter the new iPhone 11!
What’s New With the iPhone 11?
As you can see up there, the iPhone 11 carries the spirit of the iPhone XR with 6 colors! Carrying on from last year is Black, White, Yellow, and Product (RED). The two new colors (seen in the right) are Green, and Purple! It saddens me to see Blue go away, but it’s not up to me.
You can also see that this iPhone now has dual rear cameras! At first glance, you may think that it carries the same cameras as the iPhone X, Xs and Xs Max. That would be wrong as this phone has a wide camera and an ultra-wide camera! Both are 12MP cameras and have new features such as the most awaited Night Mode.
If you notice, there isn’t much new that’s really significant besides the new colors, cameras, and internals. I don’t mind it actually since they really packed a lot of high-end hardware for a reasonable price. It has 1 hour more battery life than the iPhone XR! This phone even has the same Apple A13 chip that the iPhone 11 Pro models have.
Here’s the spec list for those who need more of the numbers:
- 6.1-inch Liquid Retina Display
- Apple A13 Bionic processor
- Dual rear cameras: 12MP Wide camera with f/1.8 aperture, 12MP Ultra-wide camera with 120-degree field-of-view and f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with 4K video and slo-mo
- Spatial audio with Dolby Atmos support
- Apple U1 chip for Ultra Wideband technology used for spatial awareness (AR tech)
- Face ID with more detection angles
- IP68 water and dust resistant (submerged in water for up to 2m in 30 minutes)
- Wi-Fi 6 support
- Gigabit-class LTE, Dual SIM with eSIM
- Battery life: 17 hours video playback (1 hour more than iPhone XR)
- Comes in Red, Yellow, Green, Black, White, Purple
iPhone 11 Pricing and Release Date
The iPhone 11 will be available for pre-order in the US and more than 30 countries/regions on September 13 at 5AM Pacific time. It will then be available in stores on September 20. It’ll start at $699 for 64GB, $749 for 128GB, and $849 for 256GB of storage. This is already cheaper than the $749 starting price for the iPhone XR last year!
As usual, no word yet on when the Philippines will get the iPhone 11. I’ll let you know when I have more info!
What do YOU think of the iPhone 11? Is it better than you expected? Or have you decided it isn’t really worth upgrading? Sound off in the comments below!