When it comes to gaming phones, ASUS ROG always comes to mind. After making a big splash during the global launch, ASUS Philippines is bringing the ASUS ROG Phone 5 to the Philippines on April 10! It’ll happen at 7 PM over on the ASUS ROG Facebook page.
Standout Features of the ASUS ROG Phone 5
With the ROG Phone 5, ASUS is bringing its A++ game in terms of the combination of features and specs! It carries the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor which features 5G connectivity and Snapdragon Elite Gaming features. This phone keeps all the gaming-specific features like the Armoury Crate performance manager, the AirTrigger 5 control system, and the GameCool 5 cooling system.
We still get an amazing 144 Hz AMOLED display with a 1ms response time, 300Hz touch sampling rate, and HDR10+ support. There is also a HUGE 6000 mAh battery in this, but you can now charge that faster thanks to the 65W HyperCharge adapter.
In case you need the full specs of this phone, here they are!
- 6.78-inch Samsung AMOLED display with 2448×1080 resolution
- 144Hz refresh rate and 300Hz touch sampling rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor
- 8 / 12 / 16 GB (ROG Phone 5), 16 GB (ROG Phone 5 Pro), 18 GB (ROG Phone 5 Ultimate) LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB / 256GB (ROG Phone 5), 512GB (5 Pro and 5 Ultimate) UFS 3.1 storage
- Triple rear camera: 64MP main camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 24MP front camera with f/2.5 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack with ESS ES9280AC Pro Quad DAC
- LTE / 5G / Wi-Fi 6E / Bluetooth 5.2
- 6000 mAh battery (dual 3000 mAh battery cells)
- 65W HyperCharge fast charging technology
- Dual USB-C ports (side and bottom)
We currently do not know which models will arrive in the Philippines since there are three to choose from. Here’s hoping we get a chance to get either the Pro or Ultimate version alongside the regular one. Both of them have the ROG Vision rear matrix display that shows customizable animations in response to a variety of system and in-game events.
What do you think of the ROG Phone 5? Will it make a bigger impact towards mobile gamers out there? Sound off in the comments!